Monday: 11 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 11 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 11 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 11 am – 7 pm (late hours)
Friday: 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 11 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 11 am – 4 pm
For a full listing of upcoming adult & family programs, please visit our calendar
The Art of YUM Cafe@ the MATT will be CLOSED Saturday 9/18 through Tuesday 9/21 as we upgrade our kitchen to serve you better.
We will be open to the public on the following holidays:
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 11, 2021
- Veteran’s Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
The Museum will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 18, 2021
- Easter – Sunday, April 4, 2021
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2021
- Independence Day – Sunday, July 4, 2021
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Christmas – Friday, December 24, 2021
$10 College Students (with ID)
$ 8 Students 5-18
FREE Members (Join now!) & Children Under 5
Purchase a CT Art Trail Passport and receive admission to the Mattatuck and 17 other world-class museums and historic sites.
The safety and health of visitors and staff is the highest priority at the Mattatuck Museum. With the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) within the United States, the Museum is keeping up to date with all CDC health-related plans and procedures.
Although the CDC and CT have dropped the mask mandate for fully vaccinated people, those not yet fully vaccinated and children under 12 are required to wear masks while visiting the Museum. Mattatuck staff will continue to wear masks to protect themselves and those not yet vaccinated for the foreseeable future. Free, disposable masks are available at the Welcome Desk. We invite you to keep your mask on during your visit for your comfort and the comfort of others. Visitors who prefer contactless payment may call and reserve their ticket ahead of time.
By entering the facility, attendees accept all risk in attending in-person events and will adhere to all social distancing and protective equipment use requirements. Read some of our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the Museum’s updated guidelines for visitors, including what to expect on your visit, cleaning and safety protocols, and more.
Check back at this website for updates and any future changes.
Access for All @ The MATT
- The Mattatuck Museum is proud to participate in Museums for All, offering $3 admission for up to four(4) individuals of the same group presenting a valid EBT card. Access for All @ The MATT is in effect during regular business hours and does not apply to special programs.
Bank of America Museums on Us (1st full weekend of the month)
- Free admission for Bank of America, Merrill, & Bank of America Private Bank cardholders.
Blue Star Museum (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Free admission to all active-duty military personnel and their families.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum – Free Admission for Kids
- From July 1 to September 6, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program.
Waterbury Students Free (through December 31, 2021)
- Free admission for Waterbury Public Schools students through the generosity of Hubbard-Hall and the Kellogg Family.
Waterbury Wednesdays (Summer 2021)
- Free admission for Waterbury Residents on Wednesdays June 16 and 30, July 14 and 28, and August 11 and 25.
NOTE: Free admission is for galleries only. Program fees and special events are not included. Please call the Museum at (203) 753-0381 x130 to reserve your tickets through any of our free admission programs.
Ask your local librarian if yours is a Library Member @ The MATT. Check-out the pass and receive free admission. Learn more about becoming a member.
RECIPROCAL MUSEUM ADMISSION
Members of the following museums receive free admission to The MATT.
- Art Complex Museum, Duxbury, MA
- Bennington Museum, Bennington, VT
- Cape Cod Museum of Fine Arts, Dennis, MA
- Danforth Museum of Art, Framingham, MA
- Farnsworth Art Museum, Rockland, ME
- Fitchburg Art Museum, Fitchburg, MA
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London, CT
- New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, CT
- Provincetown Art Association & Museum, Provincetown, MA
The Mattatuck Museum is a participating member of The North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association. Mattatuck members at the Sustaining Circle level and higher are given NARM memberships as a benefit of membership @The MATT.
EXPLORE THE MATT with On-Cell
Use a mobile device or tablet to enhance your museum experience with deeper information on exhibits, artist videos, games and activities for children and more!
Preview at mattatuck.oncell.com
- Food and drinks are permitted only in the café and Rooftop Terrace
- Water in plastic bottles may be brought into the Museum
- Only pencils may be used in the galleries; the use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens or watercolors is not permitted at any time
- Strollers are allowed in all galleries unless otherwise noted
- Oversize and jogging strollers are prohibited
- A wheelchair is available in the coat room (inquire at Welcome Desk)
- To ensure the safety of the collection, the Museum does not permit visitors to carry bags on their backs in the galleries
- All backpacks, packages, and other large items must be left in the coatroom. Locking cubbies are available. The Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Coats and small umbrellas may be carried into the galleries. Large umbrellas must be left in the coat room.
- The Museum reserves the right to refuse other items being brought into the Museum.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Museum, on the Roof Terrace, or Museum grounds.
- Flash photography and video cameras cannot be used inside the Museum
- Still photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only in the galleries devoted to the permanent collection
- Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas consisting of works of art on loan from private collections or other institutions
- Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever