The MATT @ Rose Hill opening April 22, 2019
Museum Hours (Beginning April 22)
- Monday-Friday: Noon-5:00 p.m.
- First Full Weekend of the Month: Noon-5:00 p.m.
Please note that the galleries are cleared 15 minutes before closing. Some galleries may occasionally be closed to visitors due to exhibition installation and maintenance, private events and other non-regular events.
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 21, 2019
- Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 18, 2019
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 14, 2019
- Veteran’s Day – Monday, November 11, 2019
The Museum will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 27, 2019
- Independence Day – Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Labor Day – Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Christmas – Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Museum members: Free (Join now!)
- $5 General Admission
- Free for Children 12 & under
- Monday-Friday: Free for Waterbury Residents
- Purchase a CT Art Trail Passport and receive admission to the Mattatuck and 17 other world-class museums and historic sites.
Blue Star Museum
Free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2019.
Museums on Us
1st Saturday & Sunday of the month
Free admission for Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and US Trust cardholders
Family Free Art Activity
1st Saturday of the month
Explore the Museum all day at no charge and participate in a family-friendly program at 10:00 a.m.
Reciprocal Museum Admission
Members of the following museums receive free admission to The MATT.
- Art Complex Museum, Duxbury, MA
- Bennington Museum, Bennington, VT
- Cape Cod Museum of Fine Arts, Dennis, MA
- Danforth Museum of Art, Framingham, MA
- Farnsworth Art Museum, Rockland, ME
- Fitchburg Art Museum, Fitchburg, MA
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London, CT
- New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, CT
- Provincetown Art Association & Museum, Provincetown, MA
Visit the Museum with a Libary Pass!
The following libraries are Members @ The MATT and offer free admission passes to library cardholders. Learn more about becoming a member library @ The MATT!
- Case Memorial Library
- Clark Memorial Library
- Howard Whittemore Memorial Library
- Middlebury Public Library
- New Milford Public Library
- Norfolk Library
- Oliver Wolcott Library
- Prospect Public Library
- Seymour Public Library
- Silas Bronson Library
- Thomaston Public Library
- Wolcott Public Library
- Woodbury Public Library
- Food and drinks are permitted only in the café and Museum Garden
- Water in plastic bottles may be brought into the Museum
- Only pencils may be used in the galleries; the use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens or watercolors is not permitted at any time
- Strollers are allowed in all galleries unless otherwise noted
- Oversize and jogging strollers are prohibited
- A wheelchair is available in the coat room (inquire at Visitor Services desk)
- To ensure the safety of the collection, the Museum does not permit visitors to carry bags on their backs in the galleries
- All backpacks and packages must be checked in at the Visitor Services desk
- Coats and small umbrellas may be carried into the galleries. Large umbrellas must be checked
- The Museum reserves the right to refuse other items and is not responsible for items held by the Visitor Services staff
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Museum or in the Garden.
- Flash photography and video cameras cannot be used inside the Museum
- Still photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only in the galleries devoted to the permanent collection
- Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas consisting of works of art on loan from private collections or other institutions
- Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever